And finally, we flew from Utah to Detroit to see my parents, brother, and extended family in Indiana/Michigan. We never planned to fly directly there, we were supposed to fly back to New Jersey and drive to Indiana. But with a delayed flight in Salt Lake City which would result in a missed connection, the free upgrade to first class going to Detroit instead sounded great to us! This was Shannon's first time meeting all her new in-laws. Actually, Shannon had LOTS of firsts on this leg of our summer trips; first time flying first class (mine, too), first time to Michigan, Indiana, and Illinois, and therefore Chicago (where I lived when I was little), first time seeing fire flies (she's been fascinated by them since), first time eating Dairy Queen ice cream, first time seeing "real live" lilly pads, and more! And since Indiana was always the destination of our summer vacations growing up it was a blast for me to go back. Highlights; seeing parents, Patrick, new cousins, and going for rides in my Uncle Joe's boat!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
... Indiana!
Posted by The Reeds at 2:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I'm pretty sure I saw mom and dad in the reflection of the big silver bean! They were taking the picture of you. I wish we could have been there with you. It looked so fun!
I love Chicago! It is my favorite! I am so glad that you finally updated your blog.
Post a Comment